Sunday, March 20, 2011

Slow-Cooker Patato's and Spring Veggies




I love my slow cooker so much that it's falling apart. It's so nice to put it in the pot and forget about it for a few hours at least. I use it more in the spring and summer because I'm hardly home or to busy outside to slave over a stove. Plus I love quick and easy meal ideas, and I've found if I take one day to prepare all my week meals it's so much easier.


Here is a family favorite.


2lb small potatoes(any kind you like our family loves red)
2 cups baby-cut carrots, cut lengthwise in half
1large sweet onion cut in half and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
6 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt

The great thing about most recipes is you make them to your family's taste


1 Cut large potatoes in half as needed to make similar-size pieces. Place carrots in 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Top with onion and potatoes; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
2 Cover and cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
3 Add asparagus to cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
4 Mix oil, dill weed, lemon peel, mustard and 1 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Pour over vegetables in cooker; stir to coat. Vegetables will hold on Low heat setting up to 2 hours; stir occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment