Thursday, April 7, 2011

Have I told you how much I love Cinnamon Rolls :-)




I'm baking/cooking my way through my mothers recipes that she has sent me through the years. I've written a cookbook and I'm starting on my second one. In dedication to her and I'm using a lot of her recipes and making them my own, the core recipe is the same I just change it up a bit. Mom would always make these when we had a young womens activity, She taught all the girls how to make them.

I made these over the weekend and they turned out yummy. The one thing I loved about my mom was I could call her anytime and ask her anything. I loved that she could make anything out of scratch. For example brown sugar. I needed brown sugar did not have any called mom and she told me I could make it from scratch, how cool is that. I'll share that recipes later. Here is my favorite Old Fashioned Cinnamon Rolls.


2c Water

2T yeast

1/2c Sugar for sweet rolls or 1/8c for bread rolls

6c Flour

1/4c Oil

1 Egg

2t Salt


Mom like to add rasins and pecons (we had a pecon tree so everything had pecons in it) I like them plain but add what ever you want to them.



  1. Dissolve yeast in water and sugar let set for 20min till bubbly add 3c of flout

  2. Add oil egg and salt add another 3-4c flour, add enough to make a soft dough, mix knead and let rise for 1 hour

  3. Form into Cinnamon Rolls or Dinner Rolls

  4. Bake 15-20min at 375'

*******Cinnamon Rolls - Roll or pat out into rectangle, spread with soft butter all over, spread cinnamon and sugar all over. Roll up and slice.


*****Icing - Mix Powder sugar and milk till you get the consistency you want. (we like ours thick) drizzle on rolls after baking


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie! I learned a trick to making cinnamon rolls that works AWESOME! You make a paste from your butter, sugar & cinnamon and then spread that on and you can get all the yumminess onto every inch of the dough so much easier! I can send you the actual recipe for the paste if you would like...plus I have a recipe that makes the BEST by far & the BIGGEST rolls...all the same recipe...can send your way if you like! ~Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie those look so YUMMY!!! I haven't made cinnamon rolls in such a long time!

    ReplyDelete